July Thunderstorm Topics - Argument Parsers, Something else?

Hey DesertPy-ers,

Let’s talk thunderstorm :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: … so my initial plan was to do a cook-off of argument parsers but since we just did argparse that feels a little spent. But maybe not, even though we had @StevenAnton.io 's great live coding demo there’s certainly more to share about argparse and there’s at least the following options remaining:

Maybe we should still cover these options, we could see an extension of the argparse presentation too.

So, who wants to cover which one? If you have another topic for a lightning talk, great, shout it out here.

I use click, so I could cover that. Though I usually like to talk about things I don’t know anything about, so maybe I should do docopt? Unless some other awesome people want to do them …

Docopt? Yay! I like docopt since it’s supported in many languages. In python it’s even better since can use the script’s docstring as the docopt string to parse - kind of a “two birds, one stone” thing.

The meeting announcement is posted:

July Meeting - Thunderstorm ... nothing but lightning talks

Wednesday, Jul 26, 2017, 6:30 PM

UAT (theater)
2625 W. Baseline Rd. Tempe, AZ

29 Members Went

Lightning talks • Austin will talk about the command line parsing library click • We need more volunteers to cover docopt and maybe some more argparser. • Bring one and surprise us or comment below! Where The Theater (#136) at UAT on Baseline Road in Tempe.

Check out this Meetup →